Wednesday, August 08, 2012

SNAKE? REALLY? WHY?


I made my boys cook.  I saw it as a major necessity to keep them from starving.  In my mind it also kept them from becoming dependent on a woman their mama didn’t like.  Of course, back in the day I was convinced there wasn’t a young woman in the world good enough for my boys.  But my older boys all married incredible women, proving me wrong.  And I hope those women were impressed by the culinary skills my babies brought to the table.

Baby boy took his culinary skills to a whole other level.  I’ve written before about his talents in the kitchen, having nicknamed the kid Chef-Boy-You–Are-Good by the time he was twelve years old.  However, I’m a little taken aback by some of his recent culinary endeavors.  

Son-shine is stationed in Texas.  They have snakes in Texas.  Nasty, poisonous snakes.  I’m not understanding the attraction, but always one to push the boundaries the kid figured why not.  Why not turn a rattle snake catch into a savory, butter-milk soaked delicacy served with tomato and garlic infused rice and a tangy dipping sauce.  

He said why not! 

I can’t help but question, why?  
I think he needed a little nudging so I told him it's okay to eat normal food.  It's okay if he drives by a McDonald's and orders himself some take out.  Really!  Mama won't mind at all.  In fact, I'll even spring for the Big Mac and fries!  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well you also taught me life is short and i should enjoy it so y waste time wondering. Love you mama

Deborah Mello said...

LOL! That's my son-shine! Love you, too, baby!!!